The Bureau of Cannabis Control (BCC) is the lead agency in developing regulations for medical and adult-use cannabis in California. BCC is responsible for licensing retailers, distributors, testing labs and microbusinesses. Applications for licenses will be available shortly after the Bureau has released their draft regulations for medicinal and adult-use cannabis, which are expected to be released in November 2017.
- Anticipated Annual License Application Requirements
- Licensing Information: What You Need To Know
- BCC Licensing & Regulation Overview
- Required Testing Chart
- Cannabis Event Fact Sheet
- Cannabis Collectives and Cooperatives Fact Sheet
- Shipping Manifest Fact Sheet
- Sample Shipping Manifest
Temporary License Application Information
Business and Professions Code section 26050.1 allows the Bureau to issue temporary licenses. A temporary license is a conditional license that allows a business to engage in commercial cannabis activity. Persons holding a temporary license are subject to the same rules and regulations as those holding annual licenses.