Bureau of Cannabis Control - Main Office

2920 Kilgore Road
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
Phone: (833) 768-5880
Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday; 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

North Coast Regional Office

930 Sixth Street
Eureka, CA 95501
Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday; 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Mailing Address

PO Box 419106
Rancho Cordova, CA 95741-9106

Licensing Fee Appointments

An appointment with the Bureau of Cannabis Control is required to pay licensing fees. These appointments can be made by contacting 833-287-8171, or by emailing

News Media Inquiries Only

Alex Traverso
Assistant Chief of Communications
Bureau of Cannabis Control

Other State Agency Contacts/Resources:

CalCannabis Portal

For additional state cannabis resources:

The California Cannabis Portal serves as a valuable resource and a one-stop shop for all things related to the state's effort to regulate the commercial cannabis industry. Please visit to find out more.


For questions about cannabis cultivation and the California Cannabis Track-and-Trace system:

The California Department of Food and Agriculture’s (CDFA) CalCannabis Cultivation Licensing branch is the state agency responsible for licensing and regulating cultivation. It also establishes conditions under which indoor and outdoor cultivation may occur, establish an electronic track-and-trace system to track cannabis from seed to sale, and assist other state agencies in protecting the environment and public health and safety.

For questions about cannabis manufacturing:

The Manufactured Cannabis Safety Branch, a division of the California Department of Public Health, (CDPH) is the state cannabis licensing authority responsible for regulating and licensing cannabis manufacturing in California.

For questions about seller's permits and cannabis taxes:

The California Department of Tax and Fee Administration (CDTFA) is the state agency responsible for collecting cannabis taxes and issuing seller's permits. If you own a business in California that sells cannabis and/or cannabis products, you must register with CDTFA for a seller's permit and regularly file sales and use tax returns.

For questions about pesticide regulation:

The Department of Pesticide Regulation (DPR), in consultation with the California Department of Food and Agriculture, develop standards for the use of pesticides in cultivation and maximum tolerances for pesticides and other foreign object residue in harvested cannabis.

For questions about starting a cannabis business in California:

The Secretary of State’s office is the first stop for those seeking to establish a cannabis-related business. The Secretary of State supports California businesses by registering business entities, including cannabis-related entities, and processing millions of filings and records requests each year.

Small Business/DVBE Advocate