Social Equity Information
Business and Professions Code section 26246, subdivision (b) provides for the Bureau to post local equity ordinances that have been enacted by local jurisdictions on its website as well as model local equity ordinances that have been created by advocacy groups and experts and submitted to the Bureau. Below are links for local equity ordinances that have been approved by the local jurisdiction and model local equity ordinances that have been submitted to the Bureau.
Interested parties should contact the local government entity responsible for licensing commercial cannabis businesses in their city or county for information on their social equity program and how to qualify as a social equity applicant or licensee.
For information on the equity grant funding provided to local jurisdictions, please visit the Local Jurisdiction Equity Grant Funding page.
Local Equity Ordinances Approved by Local Jurisdictions
- County of Humboldt - Ordinance No. 2623
- City of Coachella - Resolution No. 2019-15
- City of Rio Dell - Ordinance No. 375-2019
- City of Long Beach - Ordinance No. ORD-18-0015
- City of Los Angeles - City of Los Angeles Municipal Code, Ch. 10, Art. 4, Sec. 104.20
- City of Oakland - Ordinance No. 13504
- City of Sacramento - Resolution No. 2018-0323
- City of San Francisco - City and County of San Francisco Police Code, Art. 16, Sec. 1604
- City of San Jose - Ordinance No. 30234